Problems with Upgrade to Exchange 2010 SP1
Closed     Case # 10047     Affiliated Job:  BaBaDou DOT Com
Opened:  Friday, October 22, 2010     Closed:  Friday, October 22, 2010
Total Hit Count:  19783     Last Hit:  Tuesday, August 22, 2017 8:30:10 AM
Unique Hit Count:  5052     Last Unique Hit:  Tuesday, August 22, 2017 8:30:10 AM
Case Type(s):  Server
Case Notes(s):  All cases are posted for review purposes only. Any implementations should be performed at your own risk.

Problem:
After my upgrade to Exchange 2010 SP1, I started noticing little issues, like Apple Mail 4.3 would not connect using my prior working configuration. iCal would also not connect saying I had an incorrect email address. While in OWA, I could not delete messages receiving an error when I tried. In the error log I had numerous errors consisting of:
-   System.ServiceModel 3.0.0.0
-   Event ID: 3
-   The service '/EWS/Exchange.asmx' cannot be activated due to an exception during compilation. The exception message is: This collection already contains an address with scheme http. There can be at most one address per scheme in this collection.
-   The service '/Autodiscover/Autodiscover.xml' cannot be activated due to an exception during compilation. The exception message is: This collection already contains an address with scheme http. There can be at most one address per scheme in this collection.

Action(s) Performed:
Total Action(s): 2
Action # Recorded Date Type Hit(s) User Expand Details
10163 10/22/2010 6:43:35 PM Server 2551 contact@danieljchu.com Error Log Entry '/EWS/Exchange.asmx': WebHost failed to process a request.  More ...
10162 10/22/2010 6:38:47 PM Server 3352 contact@danieljchu.com Error Log Entry '/Autodiscover/Autodiscover.xml': WebHost failed to proces  More ...

Resolution:
In the end, after a great number of forums, the answer was simply I had bindings in my Default Web Site configuration. Apparently, no longer supported with SP1, I simply removed all extra bindings which in the end were duplicates anyways since any unanswered request would be answered by the Default Web Site; therefore, the extra host headers were also unneeded. As soon as I removed these and performed an iisreset - viola - Apple Mail clients, iCal and OWA began to respond immediately once again.



Profile IMG: Footer Left Profile IMG: Footer Right